Thursday, August 9, 2012

Great People

Chip Ingram wrote a great book called "Good to Great in God's eyes".

He takes you through Ten Practices that Great Christians have in Common.

One being, Pursue Great People.

Michael Josephson says, "Toxic relationships not only make us unhappy; they corrupt our attitudes and dispositions in ways that undermine healthier relationships and prevent us from realizing how much better things can be". 

You are on to something there, Mr. Josephson!

We all know toxic relationships.  What concerns me is when you don't know you are in one, or worse, ARE one!  You are so far into it that you don't see reality.

I've been thinking recently about my relationships.  I've been doing a relationship check.  Do I feel alive and encouraged when I am with that person or drained and dead?  Am I sharped like iron as Proverbs talks about?  Do I feel safe with them and the things I share from my heart?

Who in your life do you need to pursue ?  Who do you need to take a couple steps away from?

Toxic relationships are everywhere because Satan is alive and well--- life is hard and hurtful---and people don't seek forgiveness, reconciliation and grace.   Sometimes you can't get away from them.

You can, however, Pursue Great People!

Treat yourself to someone who pursues greatness.  Your soul will be recharged, and your other relationships will bloom!

3 comments:

  1. You, my dear, DEFINITELY inspire me whenever I am around you. Your love for the Lord, your family, your friends, and God's children in general really touches my heart. You reach out to people from all walks of life and truly show the love of Christ. There isn't a toxic bone in your body! I am so thankful to have you on this journey with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post! I read it and immediately thought of my own recent realization and how I had to begin to craft a life with non-toxic people. I'm thankful to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Angela for your sweet comments. You make me feel like a million bucks!

    Thank you for your sweet words, new friend :)

    ReplyDelete