Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy D Day, dear Baby Hope!

If you prayed for me today, thank you.  I felt them.  My sister and her girls were here all day and we really had a great day.  I only cried for a few minutes, a few times!  Your prayers worked...carried me, and I am so thankful.

Tim had a big exam today, and then we went to cheesecake factory.

Then it was back home to decorate and write notes to Hope to send to Heaven.

We got Gracie's off---well, kind of.  We went to the roof (7th floor)--mistake number one.  Trying to launch them with some wind.  Mistake number two.  Tim dropping if off the 7th floor and it falling to the ground---mistake number 3!  BUT thank the Lord, it then took off.. the bad part, we missed half of it as we were running for cover afraid we were going to set the whole building on fire.

We have concluded that our other launchings will happen on family vacation at the beach in a couple weeks---we will all be together and over WATER which sounds very safe!

Here are some of the pictures I did get before running for cover.  














It was a precious day--and as Lauren said when she was leaving tonight, "just imagine, Nana and Hope smiling in Heaven."  That makes me smile, and cry happy tears! 

Today ends one chapter, tomorrow starts a new one.  I am thankful we get to play with Sarah and the girls tomorrow too!

Thank you for all your prayers.  They mean more than you know!

2 comments:

  1. I love your commemoration of loss. Strangely, I think remembering what has been taken away helps us to hope, to long for what is to come, to send our dreams ahead to Heaven's perfect fulfillment. Thank you for sharing, dear one. May His Light always fill your darkest skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis, I'm so sorry for your loss and hurt but it is encouraging to see how you've handled it. This is such a sweet idea with the lanterns. God is growing you to be graceful, wise, hopeful and strong. It's a beautiful thing! I love you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete