Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bondage.

I am reading Beth Moore's book, Breaking Free, and this was so though provoking.

"Enslaved parents teach their children how to live in bondage even with the best of intentions to do otherwise."

I am becoming more and more aware of the things that I do not want my sweet Gracie girl to deal with.

This was from an excerpt from It's Always Something by the late Gilda Radner.

When I was little, my nurse Dibby's cousin had a dog, a mutt, and the dog was pregnant, but she was due to have her puppies in a week. She was out in the yard one day and got in the way of the lawn mower and her two hind legs got cut off. They rushed her to the vet and he said, "I can sew her up, or you can put her to sleep if you want, but the puppies will be okay. She will be able to deliver the puppies."
Dibby's cousin said, "Keep her alive."
So the vet sewed up her backside, and over the next week the dog learned to walk. She didn't spend any time worrying, she just learned to walk by taking two steps and flipping up her back side. She gave birth to 6 puppies, all in perfect health. She nursed them and weaned them. And when they learned to walk, they all walked like her.

Little eyes are watching. Every. Move. You. Make.

Be intentional!

No comments:

Post a Comment