Saturday, October 8, 2011

Radiating Pain..

This morning, Gracie woke up a little before 6am, complaining that she had to go potty. My gut said that she probably didn't have to go to the bathroom, but that she was just hungry. She didn't eat a very good dinner last night, and turned down her before bed snack.

Trying to convince her that she was just hungry, and if she had some breakfast she would feel better was harder than I imagined. Her belly hurt, so surely she just had to go potty...and eating at 6am was the last thing on her little mind.

Jesus, in His gentle voice, whispered to me, "your pain sometimes is radiating too. What you think is causing it, really is not".

Growing pains, even at 27 hurt. I'd much prefer the kind that you could take some aspirin, have your daddy rub the back of your legs, and in a matter of 20 minutes feel like a brand new kid. These pains are different. Or are they?

Can't I curl up on the couch, with a little medicine (scripture) and feel like a brand new kid in 20 minutes? Yes, and I do!

When my growing pains become unbearable, I quickly realize I have had my morning meeting with my Savior, bible, and journal.

Lord Jesus, keep me heart and ear tuned to the spiritual lessons of life...thank you for using my precious daughter to do it. You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment