Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Swim lessons.

Gracie starts swim lessons in a hour. She has no idea what is about to happen, and my stomach is in knots, because I don't know what is going to happen either.

There it is again. Fear.

Of the unknown, of the wide eyed screams and calls for help. It goes against everything in you to ALLOW someone to take your child and do something that is uncomfortable and scary.

Hmmm. There is the spiritual lesson. I have to TRUST Miss Angelica with Gracie just like I have to TRUST her to the Lord. She is not mine, but His.

My eyes are set on the finished product. Her being able to float, swim, hold her breath and the peace that comes in knowing if she fell into the pool, she has the tools she needs.

My job is to give her the tools, the support, the cheers and encouragement. AND lots of lollipops and snuggles when she is done with her swim lessons.

Pray for her. Pray for me. I will attempt to be POSITIVE pool side, but right now, I just want to throw up.

I will let you know how it goes. 30 days of this. Day one starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment