Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Match


Today was the residency match.  It made final what we already knew.  We are once again packing everything in a U-Haul and moving.  This time in the opposite direction of Miami.  We're headed North.  Way North.  To Louisville, Kentucky.

It was Tim's top pick of a Residency Program, and the best one that offers the training he desires.  It really is everything we prayed for…except it's in Kentucky.

There is no doubt in my mind that this isn't the place the Lord hand picked for my family to be, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't very, very sad to leave Orlando.  Not because of just family and friends, but because of Gracie's school, not being able to enroll her at Circle for Pre-K, my bible study group, the WARM weather and everything we enjoy here.  And yet, I am so thankful we have a great program to go to.  Many people didn't get the programs they were hoping for, or one at all.  

There is still a lot to process and I am still in denial about us really leaving.  But today, it was more final.

I'm excited to see what kind of Doctor Tim starts out as and then what 3 years of great training will do for him.

Let's pray this super cold winter was only this year.  I need flip flops in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Lis, the boys and I prayed for two years that God would bless their Dad with a job "close to home." At the time he was working in Hollywood, and his commute was about and hour and a half each way. It made it tough for him to be able to be around for the boys during the week. And more than anything, we wanted to have more family time. Dave and I felt he was missing out on so much of the boys' lives. Well, seven years ago God provided a job for Dave here in Sanford, FL. 3,000 miles away from our "home." But guess what? We live half a mile from his office. He comes home for lunch almost every day. I had to laugh out loud when I realized that God has answered our prayer in a way that I never wanted, and never could have imagined. He moved us 3,000 miles away from everything I had ever known in order to bless Dave with a job that was "close to home." We have not regretted our move for a moment. Our lives have been immeasurably blessed by this big, scary, unbelievable move. We still sometimes look at each other and say, "We live in Florida!" I'm so thankful that I didn't put up a roadblock when this opportunity came along (and I could have, believe me!). Look at what we would have missed out on!! I will be praying for you that as you follow God in this big, scary move, that you will feel his comfort and presence with you every step of the way, and that He blesses YOU for following Him. He is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete