Thursday, February 13, 2014

Olivia June Danae Woodall



Dear Olivia,

Your momma and daddy had to do some hard things the last couple of days, did you know?  Did you know that while February 10th was the best day of your life, it will probably go down in history as the hardest in theirs?  You surprised the world with your entrance into our hearts and they will never be the same.  You did that, little one.  

I've always thought that I wanted to be like your mom when I grew up.  Her faith inspires me, her heart encourages me, and her authenticity is a breath of fresh air.  She trusts the God you're playing with so much, that she gave you back to Him the first minutes of your life.  When things were uncertain and scary, she did the hardest thing us momma's can do. She trusted His heart when she couldn't trace His hand.  She didn't know what the days would hold, but she begged for your life and healing because she wanted to love you here.  

You came as a fighter, and you fought for the glory of the Creator who crafted you in His image. Nothing about you was a mistake, Olivia.    Nothing about the 13 days you were here surprised the Lord although it took our breath away.

You may have only weighed 5 pounds but you had weight in this world.  You were a fiery arrow, on a mission to change the Woodall tribe.  And sweet girl, you did.  Friends and family flew in to see you, pray over you, and steal some snuggles.   You have two superhero brothers and you, sweet girl, are a super hero too.

I wish more than anything I can say I got to look into your beautiful eyes, snuggle your beautiful self and pray for you in person, but know this.  You are loved.  Deeply.  Completely.  Eternally.  

My baby Hope was in Heaven waiting at the gates for you, I just know she was.  And it brings my heart comfort to know you are best of buddies, having tea parties and playing dress up.  Your mommy and daddy will be ok.  They ache.  They sob.  They long for you but that just means one thing.  They loved you deeply.  You were created by God for Heaven, and although your 13 days were much to short, I am so thankful He let us borrow you for those days.  

I wish more than anything that I could honor you on Friday but just know, you've changed me.  

I love you Olivia June Danae Woodall.  You are in our hearts forever.
Aunt Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment