Sunday, September 16, 2012

My family.

There is a really big tribe that I am a part of.  The Woodall Tribe.

Growing up, they were my first friends...and now my cousins are still more like siblings than cousins.

I never realized that a lot of families are NOT like mine--I always assumed that everyone was as close to their cousins as I was...

There are a lot of things that the Woodall Tribe does.  Some good and some not so good.  Like for instance, we are not very good at keeping secrets.  Some have a harder time than others.  But like grandpa always used to say, "I have 11 grandkids, and only one of them is retarded".

I won't leak who the big mouths of the family are...depending on who you ask, they may say I am one!

Grandpa died before he ever told us who the retarded one was.  Of course, at some point, I am sure it was each of us!

The Woodall tribe Prays.  And we do that really well.

Yesterday, the golden gates of heaven were flooded as we each were on our knees begging for God's mercy and grace for Isaac and Esther.

There was not a lot of information immediately, just a lot of tears.  Isaac had been run over by a van and was being air lifted to Boston's Children's hospital.

What?! How? What happened?

Oh, God, please...be near.  Hold him.  Breathe life into his 4 year old body.

He was conscious and screaming upon being put in the helicopter was the next update.

Oh, God, thank you!  Keep kicking and screaming, buddy!

Most of the day yesterday we all cried.  But in our deep cries, we prayed.  And so many other people did as well.  This was the body of Christ in action.

Broken ribs, lacerated spleen, bruised lung, and head injury.  ICU was in his near future.  But Oh, God.  Thank you!

Thank you for the pictures of that sweet boy- thank you that he is awake.  Thank you for those tubes.  Thank for ICU.  Thank you that His daddy is with him now.  Thank you for grand dad and watching Thomas the train.   He is alive.  What a miracle.

I love what my cousin Esther said, "Doctors say he was really "lucky". I say its only the Lord that could spare my son's life today."

 Oh, with all due respect Dr. taking care of Isaac.  If you could know the God we know.  If you could understand that this had nothing to do with "luck"... But mercy, grace and the hand of the GREAT Physician!

My prayer is that Isaac reveals that to the Dr's while he is visiting.  That there is no doubt when that boy is discharged.  May that Dr. know he is watching a miracle walk out his door.

Prayers are still needed.
Isaac's recovery will be a long 2 months.  Please pray for a speedy and complete recovery.  Little pain, and strength for his mom and dad as they care for him.
Esther- her elbow was run over by the tire.  She is in a lot of pain.  Please pray for rest and full recovery so she can keep her house up and running.
Mike- he is a full time seminary student.  Pray that he can keep up with all his work while keeping his family up and running.
Oliver- is 2 and a boy! And just wants Isaac to play I am sure!  Please pray for his little heart while all this goes on.

We are SO thankful for the gift of Isaac and his little life.

If this isn't a picture of the Father's Love, I don't know what is.

THANK YOU for your prayers on my family's behalf.  God is good all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I read this:
    But like grandpa always used to say, "I have 11 grandkids, and only one of them is retarded". Oh my gosh, that's hysterical!!! On a VERY serious note, I am praying for Isaac, Esther & all your family. As a fellow mama, I can only imagine! Praise God for His continued miracles.

    ReplyDelete