Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weekends...

I've decided weekends are the hardest, and loneliest. Weekends used to be the best but now I find myself dreading them.

I find myself wondering what everyone is doing in Orlando--what we are missing.

This weekend, I know mom and dad are spending a quiet weekend at home...working no doubt and probably not much relaxing but how I wish I could take a walk and sit on the porch and talk to my Momma.

Sarah, Brian and the girls, are at the beach--enjoying the sun, the breeze and each other. How I miss those little girls and their giggles, and boy do I miss my sister and our talks.

I miss Drew and Nicole, and the way rhey make me laugh until I cry...I do think I have the funniest brother.

I miss rubbing Andrea's belly and watching Jackson grow...

I miss Jon and Christina and Aviana...I need some snuggles from that little girl...I need to see her walking and carrying her purse.

I miss Sunday morning and being in Church with my whole family on one row--and lunch at moms after.

Before this move, I took weekends for granted.

Today I am looking back, and remembering all the good memories I have, and how much I love that family of mine.

Maybe thats one reason I am here--to savor every moment, and take nothing for granted. Lesson learned, Lord. Can I go home now???

1 comment:

  1. Oh, do I know how you feel, Lis...I've realized so quickly how much I took for granted, including so many precious moments with my family. Is this ever going to get easier???

    ReplyDelete