Monday, August 30, 2010

Thoughts.

Today is the day. There is no turning back now. Tim is out the door and probably walking to his first class.

The house is quiet. My bible, journal and coffee cup from my sisters accompany me. Gracie is asleep on my bed. She has had a rough couple of days. She has been to sleep in to many places. Omie's, Sassy's, the beach and her bed. She got up every hour, confused as to where she was now I think.

Today it was a spiritual lesson for me...I was tired, and sick and tired of getting up every 40 minutes to pat her bottom back to sleep so I brought her in my bed. Not a peep. Not a whine. Safety, comfort, and uninterrupted sleep. When she wakes up, she will be all smiles, giggles and coos.

I needed that picture this morning. I needed to go back to my Daddy's big bed, and read of his promises to me. To Remind myself that Satan has been defeated, and my Jesus ALWAYS wins!

I am becoming more diligent in writing the bible. (Do you know how long it takes to write ONE chapter?!?!)

Anyway! This morning I read, "The Lord, before whom I have walked, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success.."

It was as if those words jumped off the page--right to me--right to my soul--those words were for me this morning, from my Papa.

I will hang on every word of that verse today. He will make this journey a success. I will stay tuned in so I don't miss it. Any of it.

2 comments:

  1. May the Lord bless you and keep you...and continue to grow you in His season, sweet sister!

    Love,
    Tina Farewell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    I just have to write you and tell you how special you are! I love this blog and love reading it, you are so open and honest with your feelings and emotions and do such a great job of putting it to paper. I am praying for you, Tim & Gracie and I have no doubt that a loving, Christ honoring, and secure home will always be a memory of home for Gracie when she is grown! Home is where you make it and that is all that matters!! Love you girl :)
    Staci Cable

    ReplyDelete